CodeCanyon Interactive Map Builder for WordPress 7229358
Plugin \ Utilities
Marker \ Region \ Clicked \ Available \ Create \ Templates \ Regions \ Plugin
Plugin - Interactive Map Builder for WordPress 7229358 by meisterpixel @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ Utilities
The Interactive Map Builder is a plugin for WordPress that enables you to create interactive maps for your blog. You can configure an extensive set of options to fit the look and feel of your website.
Fully compatible with the brand new WordPress v4.1!
Wide Range of Maps
There are many possible regions to display on a map. For example, you can…
- Create a map of the whole world
- Create a map of any continent .
- Create maps of subcontinents , like Western Europe or North America
- Create maps of any country . There are more than 200 to choose from. For example: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Turkey, India, China,.
- Create maps of any US-State .
You can find a complete list of all available regions at the end of this page .
You can find more examples on our demo site .
Depending on the displayed region on the map, you can set the resolution of the maps borders. The following resolutions are available.
- Country borders are available for world, continent, subcontinent and country maps.
- State and province borders are available for almost all countries, except for some very small countries and islands.
- Metro borders are available for the US map and an US-State.
Highlight Regions or Add Markers
There are two different modes available for a map.
- Regions mode can be used to highlight countries, states/provinces and metro-areas.
- Marker mode can be used to mark designated regions using bubbles.
Additional interactivity can be added with Tooltips . These become visible when the mouse pointer hits a highlighted region or marker. It is possible to edit the following styles.
- Change the Font
- Set another Font size
- Set another Font color
Map templates allow to add special behavior to the map when a region or marker is being clicked. The plugin comes with predefined templates.
- Bars displays a small chart below the map.
- Open image opens a lightbox with images.
- Open link opens a link, when a marker, region or text is clicked.
- Open link in a new window opens a link in a new window, when a marker, region or text is clicked.
- Show HTML allows to display HTML for the clicked region, marker or text below the map.
- Show HTML (above map) allows to display HTML for the clicked region, marker or text above the map.
- Show link displays a link below the map.
- Storage example shows how the storage for click values work.
- ..or create your own map template.
- Customize the HTML around the map
- Add your own CSS to the map
How do map templates work?
Can I change an existing template or add my own?
Yes, all templates are fully customizable . The plugin has an editor included that has syntax-highlighting and is capable of catching errors from your code. This will ensure comfortable and frustation-free editing.
The Map Builder
The map builder makes it easy to change the styling of a map.
Some of the available customizations are.
- Background color of the map,
- Height and width,
- Border width and color,
- Marker size and opacity,
- Marker and region colors,
- Tooltip styling
All changes become visible right away in a preview. The plugin uses the Google Geo Chart API to render the maps.
Once the map is saved, it can be inserted anywhere in your posts and pages using the shortcode.
Import & Export
Both maps and templates can be exported and imported. So copying from one blog to another becomes very easy. Furthermore, the plugin allows to download an export file of a map to store a backup copy.
HTML5 and SVG
The generated output is cross-browser compatible (with VML for older IE browsers) and also works on mobile platforms like iOS and Android. No plugins are needed.
If needed, the maps automatically resize to fit to the available width.
v2.0 - September 26, 2014 (and December 19, 2014: Minor changes on this page)
* Bigger update. Includes.
- New: Text labels
- New: HTML Tooltips
- New: Selectable tooltips trigger "hover" and "click"
- New: Virtual Composer ready. List of maps will be displayed in the composer.
- New: Continent and Subcontinent border resolutions
- Changed: The "Click Actions" were renamed to "Map Templates"
v1.0.1 - April 4, 2014
* Minor changes. Improved compatibility to other plugins.
v1.0.0 - March 26, 2014
* Initial Launch of the plugin
Keywords: clickable, countries, customizable, interactive, interactive maps, map, map builder, maps, marker, plugin, regions, svg, tooltip, wordpress, world map.